Provost Institutes Office Hours

ACADEMICS | Got a compliment? Provost Tom Poon wants to hear it.

Got a gripe? The provost wants to hear that, too.

“I want to hear everyone out,” Poon said. “I want to know what works at LMU and what we need to pay closer attention to. Mostly, I want to get know all the wonderful people at LMU.”  

In fact, Poon says “bring it on” when he begins the Provost Office Hour, every Friday (except in the case of travel conflicts), from 1 to 2 p.m. His offer is open to faculty, staff and students.

“This is an effective way for me to stay in touch with what’s happening across the campus,” Poon said. He added that this open approach will help him get to know LMU through the eyes of the people most affected by his decisions. Poon instituted administrative office hours at previous administrative posts.

An appointment for the Provost Office Hour can be made on the provost’s sign-up page. The hour for the spring will be adjusted according to Poon’s schedule. It is advised that anyone interested in meeting with the provost check back weekly as his calendar can change and some travel and commitments may conflict.

logo-instagram