Staff Spotlight – Alicia Sissac

What’s your role at the university?
Public Safety Associate for Investigations, DPS

How long have you been at LMU?
Two years

What has been your proudest moment since you’ve been at LMU?
When I had an opportunity to participate in a panel discussion on campus sexual assault with LMU Students. Students asked questions about campus sexual assault, prevention, public safety’s role, victim blaming, consent, and rape culture. It gave me an opportunity to give the tools needed to recognize and or support a fellow student.

Before working at LMU, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve had?
Prior to coming to LMU I was a police officer. It’s not an unusual job but it was interesting. I witnessed everything from a minor traffic violation to homicides. It taught me a lot and I am thankful for my time at the Inglewood Police Department.

What was the name of the last book your read?
The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up

What would be the title of your autobiography?
Yes I Can

If you were stuck on an island, name three items you would want to bring.
If I could bring people it would be my daughters and husband. If I had to bring things it would be a telephone, a bible, and a photo of my family.

If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
If I had to eat one meal everyday it would be eggs. There are many ways to eat eggs!

If you could enjoy dinner and conversation with anyone in history, who would it be and why?
If I could have dinner with anyone it would be my grandmother. She passed away in 2007 and I miss her dearly.

Submit a Faculty / Staff Spotlight

logo-instagram