Staff Spotlight – Alex Lozano

IMG 4494 200x300 - Staff Spotlight - Alex Lozano
Utility Mechanic Alex Lozano has been at LMU for two years.

How long have you been at LMU?
Two years.

What is the most important thing you have learned since joining LMU?
The most important thing is the significance of communication and team effort. Sometimes talking to the right person about something specific can expedite things greatly. The expertise my colleagues have shared with me has also helped me acquire an overall sound knowledge of engineering principles, tools and practices.

What do you enjoy most about your role at the university?
LMU has become for me a place of inspiration. There’s always integrity and respect in the workplace. The opportunity to assist my coworkers with major tasks and projects means I’m able to become more confident and daring in my work. I am grateful to be part of LMU Facilities Management that has a dynamic team environment, and amazing people with whom I share the same values. Loyola Marymount University provides its staff members with the tools for success, support, and a balanced work life.

Favorite movie?
“I am Legend.”

What would be the title of your autobiography?
“We are Dreamers and Believers”

If you could enjoy dinner and conversation with anyone in history, who would it be and why?
I think I would spend it with John F. Kennedy, because there are many lessons that I can learn from him. He reminds me to bring good service and value to people. Kennedy set a standard of great leadership example in many ways and leaders are dealers in hope.

When you’re away from work, what is your favorite thing to do?
Reading, road trips with family and friends, taking the dogs to the beach.

logo-instagram