UNIVERSITY NEWS | The Christmas season kicks off with an annual ritual that is much beloved by Loyola Marymount University students and the neighboring community: the lighting of the Christmas tree on Regents Terrace.
This year’s festivities will happen on Friday, Nov. 30, from 5 to 8 p.m. The tree lighting ceremony will begin at 7 p.m.
As many as 3,000 students, faculty and staff members are expected to be joined with approximately 500 neighbors from the Westchester community, giving a festive, family atmosphere to the occasion.
The Associate Students of Loyola Marymount University – ASLMU – will be raising money for the Center for Service in Action food pantry and the L.A.P.D. Pacific Division’s toy drive through the sale of exclusive Christmas lightbulb necklaces
The ASLMU Programming Team has planned this year’s celebration that will include:
- A festive Christmas ambiance
- ASLMU Christmas mug giveaway
- Cocoa and cookies provided by LMU Hospitality by Sodexo
- Popular L.A. food trucks
- Crafts and cookie decorating stations
- Pictures with Santa
- Trackless Christmas train ride for all ages
- Variety of themed Christmas photo opportunities.