DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY | Contacting LMU colleagues is now as simple as speaking their names into the phone. The updates to the automated campus directory service, alternately known as Directory Assistance, are now live, Department of Public Safety announced.
LMU students, faculty, and staff may dial “0” from any campus phone, or call the main university number, 310.338.2700, and say the name of the person they are trying to reach. Directory Assistance will then automatically redirect them to the requested individual’s extension.
To maximize the accuracy of the service, all LMU faculty and staff are requested to test their extension and submit changes as soon as possible.
How to Test Your Extension:
- Dial “0” from any campus phone, or 310.338.2700
- Say your name or your department – if it connects, you are all set.
How to Update Your Contact Information:
- Go to edu/directory and confirm your most recent contact information is correct.
- If the edu/directory information is not correct, you may update your contact info via the HR Employee Self Service portal. To do so:
- Log on to lmu.edu.
- Select HR Self-Service on the far right of the navigation bar, and authenticate your identity as a user.
- Once you arrive at the home page, go to the “Main Menu” block on the left side, expand the Employee Self Service drop down and then click Campus Directory.
- Click Update, and complete the fields as you wish to update. These changes will be open to the public and displayed on the LMU Directory website.
- Click Apply (You’re not done yet.)
- Click Next, review the information, and click Submit to finalize.
- If your information is accurately listed, but Directory Assistance was unable to connect your call, due to a preferred pronunciation, nickname, or an alternative name for self or department, please submit your update request via the online form.