Provost Office Hour Returns

ACADEMICS | Provost Thomas Poon’s door is open and he wants to hear from students, faculty and staff.

The Provost Office Hour, which he initiated in fall 2017 as a one-on-one discussion opportunity between the Provost and students, faculty and staff, happens every Thursday (except in the case of travel conflicts), from 9 to 10 a.m. “Through office hours, I’ve been able to learn about important matters before they become major issues, share concerns with the appropriate members of my team, and meet the great people that make up our LMU community.”

An appointment for the Provost Office Hour can be made on the provost’s sign-up page, with the sign-up period beginning on the Tuesday before. It is advised that anyone interested in meeting with the provost check back weekly as his calendar can change and some travel and commitments may conflict.

Poon added that this open approach has helped him get to know LMU through the eyes of people as they are experiencing the university. Poon had successfully instituted administrative office hours at previous administrative posts and has equaled that success at LMU. “My sincere thanks to all who have utilized my office hours so far,” Poon said.

logo-instagram