Did you know? The largest employment sector at LMU is student employees.
As with all other Human Resources and financial processes, student employment is migrating to Workday on June 27. Recruiting, hiring, onboarding, and continuance will all be managed via a central Workday dashboard.
What’s Going Away:
- Student Employment Authorization (SEA)
- MyTime (time tracking)
- ADP pay slips*
*Legacy employees will be able to view old pay slips in ADP.
Recruiting and Hiring in Workday
- Managers Hiring Students: Managers will initiate the hiring process in Workday, and create job requisitions to be posted on the student job boards.
- Students Seeking Jobs: Available jobs will be posted on the Workday LMU and LLS student job boards (LLS will be implemented in coming months). Students can filter openings for a variety of fields, including Work Study, non-Work Study, and location, and apply directly through the job board.
- Student Employee Onboarding: Newly hired students will receive onboarding tasks in their Workday inbox, including I-9 forms, employment policy acknowledgments, direct deposit registration, and tax withholding adjustments.
- Time Keeping: will be managed through Workday. Students can enter hours via web clock, micro-edit, or mobile. If they have multiple campus jobs, students will now enter all hours on a single time sheet. All managers will be directly responsible for approving their respective student employees’ time sheets.
- Payroll: students can view pay slips (starting July 15), and view and update direct deposit info, all through the Workday dashboard.
- Employment Details: current job details, including position, title, hire date, and compensation, are all visible in a student’s Workday profile.
- Personal Information: students can manage personal details and employment information via their Workday profile.
- Earnings Reports: managers will have access to reports on student earnings and other useful information.
Please continue to keep an eye on your email in the weeks and months ahead, as the university shares further details regarding the transition period from LionJobs to Workday. For questions related to your employment, please speak with your supervisor or email firstname.lastname@example.org.