UNIVERSITY BULLETINS | Textbook adoptions for spring 2020 are due to the LMU Bookstore by Oct. 15.
Why is this deadline so early?
- It’s to ensure the bookstore is able to source a wide range of new and used textbooks before the start of the semester. This helps us to keep costs down for students and helps to ensure that there are plenty of used (and cheaper) textbooks in stock.
- This lead time also provides the bookstore with enough time to research out of print, print on demand or back-ordered textbooks.
Textbook Adoption Process
- Faculty are encouraged to submit textbook adoptions through Barnes & Noble’s digital platform, FacultyEnlight. This platform maintains textbook adoption history and allows faculty to research and review other textbooks. Access to this platform through either Brightspace or through the Faculty Enlight website directly.
- Departmental administrative assistants who would like access to FacultyEnlight to submit textbook requests, should contact the bookstore.
- Faculty may also submit textbooks by calling the campus bookstore at 310.568.6601 or by emailing email@example.com.
- Used textbooks – The earlier that textbook adoptions are submitted, the greater the chance that the bookstore will be able to procure used (and less expensive) copies of textbooks for sale or rental.
- Price matching – B&N price-matches new, used, and used rental textbooks with Amazon and bn.com. Refunds made through the program are provided to students in the original form of payment. Spread the word.
- Open Educational Resources (OERs) – If you have adopted a text that is available as an OER through OpenStax, Merlot, or other OER publishers, please submit via FacultyEnlight or send an email directly to the bookstore. B&N can designate on its website and in-store that the class is using OER materials.
- Course Adopted Text (CATS) E-Book initiative – About 15 percent of titles adopted for courses are available as unlimited user e-books through Hannon Library. Please contact your librarian liaison for your department if you would like to learn more about materials available for students through the CATS program.
- B&N has begun offering art supplies in the bookstore as course materials. If you would like to include art supplies in your order, please enter the course required or recommended products in ‘additional comments’ section within the FacultyEnlight. Alternately, faculty may email the bookstore directly.
For questions or issues related to BrightSpace, please contact the ITS helpdesk. For questions related to FacultyEnlight and textbook adoption, please reach out to the bookstore at 310.568.6601 or firstname.lastname@example.org.